Welcome to the Gay Central Valley community!
Gay Central Valley was founded in 2009. We exist to contribute to and enrich the cultural life and expression of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) persons, their families, friends, and supporters through awareness and education of the diversity and history of the LGBT community in California’s Central Valley.
We proudly serve:
Check out our Gay Central Valley Blog for the most up-to-date information on events and community outreach!
- REVIEW: FreeheldPosted by Chris Jarvis on October 3, 2015 at 8:11 pm
Freeheld (in theaters now) is based on the story of police officer Laurel Hester’s battle with the Ocean County, New Jersey Board of Chosen Freeholders to get her pension benefits transferred to her domestic partner, Stacie, after being […]
- My Look At StonewallPosted by Chris Jarvis on October 1, 2015 at 7:00 pm
Written by Chris JarvisFirst there was excitement and anticipation. There was a big screen adaptation coming to theaters called STONEWALL. This seminal moment in LGBT history was finally going to get the major, big screen treatment it deserved. This […]
- VIDEO: Ellen Page Talks LGBT Progress on ColbertPosted by Chris Jarvis on September 30, 2015 at 9:59 pm
- Stonewall Democrats Meeting - New LocationPosted by Chris Jarvis on September 30, 2015 at 9:18 pm
Just to give everyone a heads up about our latest Stonewall venue change.Special “thank you” to Barbara Pyle Rodgers for recommending it.Next month, Tuesday, October 13th, Fresno Stonewall Democrats will be meeting at the Santa Fe Basque […]
- INTERVIEW: Sean Dorsey "Dance Your Story"Posted by Chris Jarvis on September 30, 2015 at 8:29 pm
Sean Dorsey is an award-winning San Francisco-based choreographer, dancer and writer. Recognized as the U.S.’ first acclaimed transgender modern dance choreographer, Dorsey has won audiences and accolades from San Francisco to New York with […]