Welcome to the Gay Central Valley community!
We exist to contribute to and enrich the cultural life and expression of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) persons, their families, friends, and supporters through awareness and education of the diversity and history of the LGBT community in California’s Central Valley.
We proudly serve:
Check out our Gay Central Valley Blog for the most up-to-date information on events and community outreach!
- Harvey Milk DayPosted by Kaylia Metcalfe on May 22, 2017 at 4:41 pm
Harvey Milk was the first openly gay person to be elected to public office in a major city, serving on the San Francisco Board of Supervisors from 1977-1978. He worked to pass a gay rights ordinance and defeated Proposition 6, commonly known […]
- Open Letter to Fresno Unified School DistrictPosted by Kaylia Metcalfe on May 19, 2017 at 7:00 pm
On behalf of Gay Central Valley and the cpmmunity we serve, we want to thank you for inviting our feedback into Fresno Unified School District’s current superintendent search. According to the most recent California Healthy Kids […]
- GSA Activist Camp!Posted by Kaylia Metcalfe on May 18, 2017 at 7:00 pm
Every year GSA Network hosts Activist Camp and registration is now open for 2017!"GSA Activist Camp is a three-day (includes overnight stay), youth-led training camp for trans, queer, and straight ally youth. At Activist Camp, you will learn about […]
- INTERVIEW: Marsha ConantPosted by Chris Jarvis on May 18, 2017 at 2:54 am
Written by Chris JarvisI’ve known Marsha for 25 years and she’s always been a force to reckoned with. While she’s been political her whole life, she recently found the opportunity to throw herself into her passion, and her voice […]
- UPDATED: Alleged Transgender Woman Victim of Fresno ShootingPosted by Kaylia Metcalfe on May 17, 2017 at 6:52 pm
From ABC30 and KMJUPDATEGay Central Valley has learned from several sources that the victim in today's murder on Belmont may not have been transgender. While we were simply reposting local news stories, we regret if we misgendered the victim […]